Saturday, August 27, 2011

Geeks and Jocks

She is ten.  She loves to bake.  She is a very responsible babysitter.  She's got a great ear for music.
She is eight,  She has a long list of dreams she hopes to fulfill in her life time.  She's great with technology.  She says she'll live next door to me when she grows up.
Together, they are a dynamic duo of security officers aboard a spaceship simulator at space camp.
They were up early this morning getting their uniforms ready.  Having now done a space mission myself, I could appreciate the fun they were about to have.  Now I'd really like our whole family to go do a mission together.  It's just so fun!  Intense, a little bit scary, but fun.
 Clark didn't get to go to space camp today because he had his first football game.  It was such a treat for me to get to go by myself and just watch the whole game.  Clark is right in the middle of this picture (#77).  This was as the team was gathering before warming up.  I've never seen a group of 12 year old boys sit so still and so quiet for so long.  I think they were all really nervous.
But they didn't need to be.  They mopped the floor with the the other team.  34-0.  Not a bad way to start the season.  Now the pressure is off.  I figure if they don't win any other games this season, at least they will have won once.  They have felt the thrill of victory, they will be able to handle the sting of defeat.  It's all bonus from here.
I don't actually care much about the winning or losing business.  Here's what I care about.  Do you see #77?  Can you see that he is hustling off the field?  I care that Clark is giving it 100%.  I know he's not the fastest kid out there and I couldn't care less.  I am so glad he is giving it his all and that he's not afraid of hard work.
And he's got the bruises to prove it.  Oh, poor man-child. 
 I recently voiced concern that I needed to get out more... that Abe was getting to go do all the fun stuff and I was home with the little ones all the time.  
After being gone last night to a movie with Clark, almost all day today to the football game and then a fancy date with Abe, I am really missing my little ones.  Faith and Cannon and George.  They are going to get some serious snuggling and story reading tomorrow.  
That is enough fun and being out and about for me.  I'm ready to be home with the little ones again.  
That was easy enough.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oooh you look pretty! Did you go somewhere fun?

Baden said...

Go Clark! Good for him!