Wednesday, August 31, 2011

War Monger and True Talent

Are you ready for the next installment of "Super Creative, but Slightly Twisted Kids"?  Perhaps yesterday's head on the platter wasn't enough.

Here goes.

Do you know what a Zhu-Zhu Pet is?  It is a small battery powered furry hamster.  They were all the rage for Christmas a couple of years back. 
This is the dead carcass of an innocent zhu-zhu pet.
Or... is it perhaps merely the outward shell.  A cute furry disguise, concealing the true identity of the monster that lies within.
I present you with... WAR MONGER!!!

I don't know what to say.  Where do they come up with this stuff?  I think they used paint, hot glue and plastic knives and fork points for the blades and spikes.

I've thought of signing the kids up for art lessons, but really... it doesn't seem to me that anyone in this house is lacking creativity or the ability to express themselves.  At times I've felt that I haven't supplied them with the best, highest quality art supplies and that perhaps has somehow hampered them.
I believe I can set my mind at ease on that point.
They are scavengers.  They will use anything they can find and use it in ways I couldn't have imagined.
In ways that probably shouldn't be imagined.

Now for another, more disciplined form of art.
Bethany had a violin recital last night.  Oh, the shame of showing up in the same dress as another performer!!
At least it was a cute dress and they didn't perform back to back.  And we don't really care about that kind of thing anyway, so no big deal.  Would you believe that these two are the same age?

I accompanied Bethany as she played Viva La Vida.  The video isn't the best (sorry) and we didn't catch the very beginning, but it's a fun song and we played quite well, if I do say so myself.  The video will rotate the right way part way through--don't get motion sick.


We worked really hard on this song together for several months and it was so rewarding to be able to perform it as well as we have practiced.

3 comments:

camfox said...

That was awesome Bethany and Betsy! So cool that you could work together on that. I love this song.

Jill Larsen said...

Wow! Bethany! You play amazing! You are a talented and special young lady.

Love, Bro. and Sis. Larsen

Kelli said...

You are all so talented!