Saturday, August 6, 2011

While the Boys Have Been Gone

I sat down to blog the other night and Cannon grabbed his computer and camera for a bit of blogging of his own.  Clever little lad.

Because Naomi has been here with us so much this week we have had the joy of listening to her speak.  She has a beautiful accent.  I love an English accent.  I love watching English period dramas.  So having her talk to me all day is so soothing.  It's like I'm living in one of those movies.

It's so lovely, that when I am thinking to myself I've started voicing in my head in an English accent.  I sound so good in my mind, that I quietly whisper the words aloud.  Then I realize, of course, that I sound utterly ridiculous!  And so I go back to just thinking in an English accent and miraculously I sound so lovely again.  

Subject change:
Do you know what this is?  This is the fruits of a week of work.
I have been purging my home of 11 bags worth of things that we don't love, want, or need anymore.
This is a beautiful thing.
Less stuff makes my house seem much bigger! 

Before he left, I told Abe what my plans were for uncluttering the house this week.  He got a worried look and then wisely said, "Make sure you get everything all the way to DI before I get home."

That way, he won't be tempted to look through them to see if there is anything we still "need".  You see, I know for certain that there is nothing in those bags that we still need.  I doubt anyone in my house would even be able to name a single item in any of those 11 bags.  Nothing in the bags that will ever be missed. 

So while we were making our delivery to DI, we stopped in to look for football cleats for Clark.  We weren't successful, but we did find soccer cleats for Elinor, Faith and Cannon.
I think it was a grand total of $12 for 3 pair of cleats.  SWEET!

I got a good chuckle when Elinor proudly told the cashier, "This is my third year playing soccer and I only get my soccer cleats at DI."

As if anyone would possibly even consider buying soccer cleats anywhere besides DI!

1 comment:

camfox said...

I love an english accent myself- you're so cute, whispering in an english accent. I love it.

Way to go on the uncluttering! How exciting. I bet that feels GREAT!

We also made a run to the thrift store a few weeks ago, and prayed on our way there to find soccer cleats. We were so thrilled and thankful to find shoes for Sadie and Lauren. (No luck for Moses). Ya, they cost about 4 bucks each. You just can't beat that!