Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where I've Been

I looked at my blog today and realized I haven't written since Sunday!  I know it's not that long, but I enjoy writing and find it very theraputic, so why haven't I written this week?  Here is what I've been up to instead of blogging:

To begin with there is soccer, football and dance.  Lots and lots of soccer, football, and dance.  Not for myself, mind you.  So much in fact that I don't wish to discuss soccer, football and dance anymore.  Except to say that my children are losing most of their games, but since I don't care--- I don't care.

Next, I usually blog at night after the kids have gone to bed, but we are reading aloud a great book right now, The Giver.  We have been staying up too late to read and then I'm ready for bed with no thought or energy left to blog.

I am just about done nursing George (yippee!) and so there is now space in my mind and schedule to focus some energy on getting into better shape.  Now, this goes against my policy of never announcing publicly that I am going to try to lose weight.  Because then everyone knows and watches to see if you are getting thinner or if in fact you just lack discipline and will power.  Now I'm not in junior high anymore and I know no one is actually looking at me, but still.  I want to lose weight.  There.  I said it.  In the future, please don't ask me how it is going.  The results (if there are any) will be clearly manifest.  And if there are no results, I would rather you didn't remind me of it.

But the point of that whole last paragraph is that I have been doing some extra exercise in the evenings in addition to my morning walking.  It's not just the time that extra exercise takes, but the mental state of mind I must maintain to actually execute it.  I haven't been thinking much about my blog, because I've been focusing my thoughts on how, when, and what I'm going to do for my exercise.

And last, but not least, I have been watching a show in the evenings.  I've mentioned it before, but it is a BBC miniseries called Lark Rise to Candleford that we get on DVD from Netflix.  What can I say?  I love it.  It is charming.  It is clean as a whistle.  It is delightful.  It has beautiful people in it who speak with beautiful accents.  There are love stories and I am way too attached to the characters. One particular story line is very upsetting to me (in a painfully dramatic, first love kind of way) and I cannot get it out of my mind.  I thought about it all during my piano lessons today.

The best part---Abe will watch it with me!!  And he is upstairs right now waiting to watch it with me!!  OH JOY!!!!

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

Umm....Well.....no comment.