Saturday, October 15, 2011

Feeling Good to Be Feeling Bad

Well, I was right.

The sickness was going to get worse before it got better.  For those of us that were sick it was a lie around and watch shows on Netflix ALL day long.  Cannon got sick in the middle of the night and then later on this afternoon.  Here is a child who does not lack confidence in his abilities.  After he threw up this afternoon he said to me, "Mom, I am so good at throwing up!"
Yes you are, honey.

And even though I felt super crummy all day, there was something nice about not having to do anything or go anywhere.  My kiddies wanted to snuggle with me all day and they let me take a little nap.  They were so nice to me-- probably because I didn't ask them to do anything.  They might like me to get sick a little more often.
And my sweet Elinor made me some chicken noodle soup and a get well card.
 And my sweet husband declared his love to me by mowing me a message in the back yard.   Then he got up on the roof to take a picture of it.
But his love was so large,  he couldn't get it all in one picture.
It was about this point in the day that I realized getting sick today wasn't such a bad deal.

Abe Note:  BCF stands for "Betsy Cannon Fox"......though her official initials are ECF "Elizabeth Cannon Fox".

2 comments:

jkmilligan said...

That was sweet of Abe! I hope you are all feeling better!

Mothership said...

Oops. Ignore comment on other post. I somehow missed this post! Very cute, Abe. Though, I do have to say, very much like Abe to make sure that the world knows that HE knows your true initials! (: