Sunday, October 2, 2011

Modest is Hotest

Several Christmases ago, Clark received an encyclopedia of Marvel comic book super-heroes.  For years Clark has poured over the pages and now Cannon totes the very large book around the house and enjoys searching the pages for any super-heroes he recognizes.

But there is a problem.  Exhibit A. 
There are many immodestly attired lady characters.  Me no likey my boys looking at half-clad ladies with their lady parts hanging out all over the place-- even if they are animated. 

So I devised a very inexpensive, not very distracting solution.  Enter the SHARPIE MARKER.  I could sing the praises of the sharpie marker for many reasons, but it is excellent for helping those poor girls to put some clothes on.  
Don't you agree that superhero and non-superhero alike, both feel more comfortable in a good supportive pair of biker shorts?
And this sweet gal forgot to put her shirt on when she left home this morning.  Oh, honey, leave something to the imagination!
That's better.  Now she can focus on her superhero work.
The girls helped me with my Sharpie designs and we decided on this adorable skirt for this powerful chick.   It works for her.

I have happily and without solicitation provided my services as a fashion editor for a few of Clark's D&D books as well.  Just making sure my people know the standards.  No thanks are needed.
A couple of days ago I was driving somewhere with my girls and we noticed two unfortunately dressed young ladies walking down a busy street.  Always on the lookout for teaching moments, I said to my girls that those girls really needed to put some clothes on and they really didn't look very nice dressed like that.  Elinor says back, "Maybe you need to go use your Sharpie marker on them."  

Not a bad idea, Elinor.  

Then today at lunch we were all discussing a General Conference talk by Elaine Dalton about father's protecting and nurturing their daughters.  Abe informed the girls that when they started dating they should know that he would be very involved in getting to know their dates and ask them what their plans were and when they would be home and such.  

I mentioned that Dad would be very concerned with making sure the boys were good enough for his daughters, but that my concern would be the young ladies that Clark wants to spend time with.  Once again, Elinor pointed out that if a young lady shows up for a date or a dance in less than appropriate clothing, Mom will get out her Sharpie and make her more comfortable.  

2 comments:

Amy F. said...

This is so funny! I have to tell you, you are not the only mom with a sharpie. I have used it on a few of my girls Taylor Swift CD's and such to give her sleeves and a longer skirt. We must be insprired! :) I love Elinor's comment. Funny girl, takes after her mommy!

Mothership said...

I love it! I have also used duct tape to make some of my girls' dolls more modest! See, we can live in this world and not condone all parts of it. (:

Great post.