Saturday, October 1, 2011

Motherhood is not a Hobby

"Motherhood is not a hobby to be done in your spare time, it is what God gave you time for."- Neil A. Anderson

This weekend is my church's General Conference.  We get to listen to many talks over the course of two days from a living prophet and apostles as they teach the word of God.  It is marvelous and uplifting and inspiring.  And the above quote was one of my favorites of the day. 

In the spirit of celebrating the joy of motherhood, here are a few joyous moments as of late.
What did I tell you?  Although they are horrified to watch me do Zumba, they couldn't resist that Latin beat and they had to join in!
Georgie loves his siblings and regularly reaches for them and then lays his head down on their shoulders and gives them hugs.  You can see why they all quite like him too.  They are working with getting him to stand on his own.  He's now over 14 months--- so it is time.  My Dad hypothesizes that my babies are such late walkers because we hold them too much.  
So what if we do?
 
Georgie enjoyed his first ice cream cone.
Wrong end, Georgie!
Faith loved dressing as twins with her cousin Eliza who was visiting from Spokane. 
She was visiting from Spokane because her Aunt was getting married.
Abe and the girls had a grand time at the wedding reception.
Bethany dancing with Uncle Baden (Eliza's dad).
Bethany and Faith keeping warm together at an early morning soccer game.
Elinor's soccer games are actually fun to watch.  Not in an "Oh, how cute those little kids are!" fun kind of way.  But in a "Wow!  This is really exciting, what's going to happen, I hope the other team doesn't score," kind of way.
My Man-Child is growing.  His head now reaches the bridge of my nose.  How much time do I have left before he surpasses me in height?  It was a very emotional game as his coach got ejected after the first five minutes.  Hmmmm.  That's not good.  Now, now boys.  This is just a game.  Let's try to behave ourselves.
Clark is 12 now, so this evening Abe took him downtown to his first Priesthood session.  This makes a mama very happy.

1 comment:

Inspiration Station said...

Oh, Betsy! I just loved that quote from conference. I may have to steal and post it too :)