Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkins 2011



Do you see Faith's facial expression?  That is precisely how I feel about de-gutting and carving pumpkins.  It stings my hands.
Fortunately we have Abe to lead the charge in the annual pumpkin carving festivities.  And Clark is his fearless side kick.  You see, a line is being drawn in our family--the carvers vs. the non-carvers.  Bethany and I are decidedly non-carvers.  I believe Faith will most likely be joining our team.

Abe, Clark and Elinor are carvers.  They each do their own pumpkin.  But since Abe wants a pumpkin for each member of the family, he and Clark also carve one for each of the non-carvers.

Shame on us non-carvers.
Elinor was so proud to carve her own pumpkin all by herself this year!
Starting on the lower left--Elinor's, mine and Abe's (carved by Abe), Clark's
Upper left--Tessa's (carved by Abe), Bethany's (carved by Abe), George's (carved by Clark), Faith's (carved by Abe), and Cannon's (carved by Clark).

Tomorrow is Halloween and of course the kids are super excited.  However, we haven't had many pre-Halloween events and parties this year so I kind of feel like it has sneaked up on us very quickly.  After Halloween--BOOM!-- it is November and Thanksgiving and the holidays are here.  WOW!


Abe Note:  Yes, I, in fact, carved the bald, elderly couple puckering for a kiss.....it is supposed to be Bets and I in 70+ years......now, whether I intended for it to look like us in 70+ years, that is an entirely different question.