Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day Highlights 2011

Making cutie little turkeys with 9 little helpers.  They turned out as well as possible!
Long distance cousins getting to dress up and play for hours on end.
Cousins who had a whole lot less conflict than they did last year!
Getting to talk for hours with my sister while we puttered around the kitchen getting the Thanksgiving meal ready. 
Later on in the afternoon the menfolk watched the babyfolk so Brig and I could do some yoga together.
Creating the PERFECT dinner rolls. 
We aimed to eat at 1:00.  And I don't want to brag or anything, but we said the prayer at 1:03.  It was one of my finest cooking moments.
I will not have to cook for at least the next 3 days. 
Cannon didn't actually eat any Thanksgiving dinner.  But he did go around picking the candy corns out of everyone's candy turkeys.
Playing a card game after dinner.  We three outlaw girls ganged up on sheriff Abe.
Heading downtown to swim at Little America-- the hotel where Brig and Dev are staying.
Enjoying the blessings of family.
It was a wonderfully enjoyable, uncomplicated, stress free Thanksgiving.  I am now ready to turn my attention to the next holiday-- now that Thanksgiving is done.  

And may I just end by getting on my soap box and declaring it is shameful and despicable that so many stores are opening for shopping on Thanksgiving Day. 
THANKSGIVING DAY, people!  Come on!  It is a day to celebrate what we're thankful for-- not a day to think about all the other things we want to get.  Grrr. 

No comments: