Friday, December 2, 2011

Famous Last Words

I'm so sorry, Mommy!  I will never do that ever again!  I promise!

Famous last words.

I hear these words several times a day from my sweet, energetic Cannon-Boy.  A few examples:
*  Cannon draws with a bar of soap all over the bathroom mirror.
MOM:  Cannon, I don't like you to draw on the mirror with the soap.  That makes a mess.
CANNON:  Oh, okay.  I'm so sorry, Mommy!  I won't do that ever again!  I promise! (big squeezy hug)
*  Cannon takes a black sharpie to the kitchen table.
MOM:  Cannon, NO!  We DO NOT draw with marker on the kitchen table!  If you want to color, you can color on a piece of paper.
CANNON:  Oh, okay!  I'm so sorry, Mommy!  I won't do that ever again!  I promise! (big squeezy hug)
 *Cannon follows Elinor and Faith down the street to an Activity Days gathering.
MOM:  Cannon, you know you are not allowed to leave the house unless I tell you you can go.  And you don't have any shoes or socks on and it is so cold outside!  Don't you leave unless you tell Mommy!
CANNON:  Oh, okay!  I'm so sorry, Mommy!  I won't do that every again!  I promise!  (big squeezy hug).
 I'm telling you, it is really hard to get mad at this kid.  He quickly and sincerely apologizes for any wrong doing.   What can I say?  He charms me and I'm like 'butta'.

1 comment:

Mothership said...

Okay, can I say that the second picture is very much Abraham! All of this...um...creativity must be coming from his gene pool!