Sunday, December 4, 2011

It Seems Simple Enough

Over the next week I have several seemingly simple tasks I must or would like to accomplish.  These are not tasks I dread, and in fact quite look forward to some of them.  And when I say simple, I really do mean simple--this is not rocket science.  I need to:
  • Make a grocery list and go grocery shopping
  • Type up a program for my upcoming piano recital
  • Address Christmas cards
  • Finish reading The Bonze Bow and prepare for Kids' Book Club this week
  • Put together little Christmas gifts for my students
  • Remind Primary parents to have their little darlings dressed as angels and shepherds for the ward Christmas party program.  
  • Figure out angel and shepherd costumes for my own little darlings
  • Clean up my bedroom
  • Practice my piano piece for the ward Christmas party
  • Wrap some Christmas presents before my little darlings get nosy in my closet
Yes, these tasks all seem simple enough.  But I am being thwarted at every turn by THIS
Give it a rest, Georgie!!!!  High maintenance!!!!!  For starters, he demands he be held, at a minimum, between the hours of 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.  And of course I have nothing else to do during those peaceful, relaxing hours each day. 
When he gets mad he is so loud!  Cannon was/is loud as well, but Cannon could be distracted.  George is focused and driven.   This boy has willpower.  I am having a very hard time accomplishing even the simplest tasks.  George does not like me to hold the other children.  I am not permitted to sit down to read or work on a grocery list. 
My older kids are extremely helpful with him, but I think their patience is wearing a little thin. 

My complaining boils down to this-- Between George and Cannon I am not what I once was. 

I'm fairly certain I'll come back, and I'll probably be better for it.  In the meantime, I'll have to keep celebrating the small and simple things.

And please forgive me if when I flake on something many things over the next week months.

2 comments:

Mothership said...

I seriously doubt you will need to come up with costumes. That is one department where your children excel!
I also think your girls would love preparing gifts for your students. Time to call in the troops!

Good luck with the rest ...

Amy F. said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I have the same problem with Asher. I have been a little flaky myself lately and it is NOT in my nature. I am even **GASP** considering not sending Christmas cards this year. Just trying to get all of us looking nice and smiling for a picture is to stressful with everything we've got going on. Good luck with your to-do list!