Monday, January 9, 2012

Hodge Podge Post

Georgie found a friend and now when anyone has Pebbles out of her cage, he is right there demanding the bird be put on his shoulder.  She is such a marvelous bird because she'll actually let him walk around with her.
But enough about Pebbles. 
It's Lego League competition time again!! The PiPod team competed in the Utah regionals and won the Robot Design category.  The state competition is in a couple of weeks.  The boys have worked together for 3 years now and I consider the parents of all these boys some of my closest friends.  The competition was great fun, but I really enjoyed getting to spend several hours with my friends.
 They do 3 robot runs and the judges take their best score.  The theme is "Food Factor"-- thus the chef hats.
Clark and Taylor were California Cantaloupe farmers for their skit to present their project to the judges. 
We gathered at the Flynn's house for a post competition pizza party and the adults played "Things".  I tend to be rather obnoxious when I play games.  I can see my children following in my footsteps and I know they get it from me.  At the end of an evening of games I usually feel embarrassed by my behavior.  Why do I continue to behave this way?
I do not know.

 Here is a picture of a Christmas gift we got for the girls this year.
 You can imagine how thrilled they were Christmas morning.
Not.
I was so happy to order six rooms of doll furniture from Overstock.com.  Little did I realize it would come in wooden sheets that we would need to punch out and super glue together.  You can imagine how thrilled I was when the "doll house furniture" arrived.
Sunday night Abe was a nice daddy and sat down with the girls and started building the popsicle stick doll furniture.  Actually, it is much stronger than popsicle sticks, but it doesn't look much better.
 I thought this would definitely be a dad job, but I have been surprised to find that I quite enjoy wielding the superglue myself.  Abe built the table and chairs, but I have since spent about 6 hours building several more rooms.  Who knew I was a carpenter at heart?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Just for the record, I don't think you behaved badly. I enjoy playing with you and I enjoy your enthusiasm for the game!