Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pebbles and Friends and Holiday Wrap-Up

Pebbles, the cockatiel seems to be settling into her new home.
She is like a celebrity around here-- everyone wants their picture with her.  Or does Abe just really like to take pictures? 
Abe's youngest brother, Baden with Pebbles.
Cousin Eliza with Pebbles.
My favorite picture of cousin William with Pebbles.

Pebbles belongs to Elinor, but Pebbles favorite person is Clark.  Elinor does not like that, so sometimes we have to ban Clark from holding the bird (on his shoulder), so that she'll like Elinor more.  Pebbles wings are clipped, but she can still fly a little, so occasionally she'll flap like crazy to get across the house back to Clark.  Very upsetting to Elinor.
Pebbles with our neighbor.
Pebbles with our neighbor's dad.  This neighbor also came to my rescue when my van broke down today.  No fun, but at least it broke down close to home.
New Year's Eve was great fun and it was my first time playing Mario Kart.  I lost every single time except once, when I miraculously got 1st place.  In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was a charitable win thanks to my fellow competitors.
I'm fairly certain this was a posed picture, but it makes me feel like there was a true celebration as we rang in the new year. 
The traditional banging of the pots and pans.
This one was most definitely posed, because the three older ladies missed the big moment.  They were upstairs and we thought they were outside with Elinor. 
Bethany was NOT happy with me, but has since forgiven.
This fantastic group is several of our close homeschooling friends.   We went to an awesome holiday party last week.
The entertainment was provided by TLC Trio-- 2 violins and a piano.  They had the pianist's dad playing the drums.  They played beautifully. 
Then a few of us got to 'jam-out' with the violinists and percussionist.  It was so FUN!! 

Today we were back to regular life and it felt SO good to me!!!  I am sleepy and my brain has shut down.  One last thing-- an update on Operation: Get in Shape Girl.  I have now lost 26 pounds!!!!  Yay for me!

3 comments:

Gabrielle Kim said...

It looks like you have had non-stop fun this holiday season.
Congratulations on the weight loss! You look beautiful!

Schramm Family said...

Awesome on the weight loss!!! Im pretty sure I got your lost 26 lbs. Keep it up!! I'll try really hard not to to gain anymore... you will have to send the lost pounds to someone else. :) You are an inspiration to me!!

Amy F. said...

My kids are so jealous that you have "Pebbles"! We have a bunny and a fish, but that is not enough. The kids in our ward are having a bird craze and about 5 families recently got parakeets...I can hold out...right??? Good job on the weight loss!! That is such hard work!