Friday, February 17, 2012

Capitol-ists

Thursday was field trip day for Clark, Bethany, and Elinor.  My dad took them to the Capitol to meet and greet our local representatives and watch the legislature in session.
The kids were so excited to spend the night at Grandpa's house the night before.  Elinor was bidding the rest of the family farewell as if our separation were going to be indefinite. 

I was very happy for them to have such a great experience learning how things work at the State government level.  But I was especially grateful to see that they could each pack their own overnight bag and not forget any essentials-- toothbrushes, underoos, shoes-- they remembered it all!
Here they are with Aaron Osmond-- our state senator. 
Abe met up with them at the end of the day to bring them home.  They were anxious to tell me all about their day, which was a fun change-- since I usually already know everything about their day because they are home with me:)

Do you know who Don Aslett is?

He is a cleaning guru.  He's written many books on cleaning and has a chain of cleaning supply stores and a line of cleaning products.  I own some of those products, which I do not use as often as I should.  But my point is, when Clark was cleaning the bathroom this morning he looked at the bottle of cleaning solution and it had Don Aslett's smiling face on the label.  Clark quite accurately pointed out that Don Aslett looks like a perfect mixture of both Grandpa Cannon and Grandpa Fox.

It's true!  He's right.  That is precisely what he looks like.
 
Funny.

Speaking of funny things, we went to see the newest Muppet movie this evening.  We all LOVED it.  I was nearly in nostalgia tears many times.  I was glad we've subjected our children to so many Muppet shows and Donny and Marie shows, so they totally got the humor.  Such good, clean, wholesome fun.  Mahna Mahna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Don Aslett's books! He lived in my cousins ward in Hawaii, and a long time ago when we went and visited there he spent a whole night at their house, playing games with us kids and being goofy. He signed a cleaning book for me to give to my future husband, but I think I lost it.

Anonymous said...

And yes, he does look like a cross between your father and Dad fox!

Amy F. said...

They are lucky to have such a nice Grandpa! It is so funny that you posted this because Don Aslett just opened a "Museum of Clean" in Pocatello and I'm taking my family there when my sister Becca gets married Easter weekend!! I'm sure it will be very inspiring and my kids will want to do their chores. :) Check it out: http://www.museumofclean.com/wp/