Friday, February 10, 2012

Miles to Go

On the advice of a friend who is an experienced runner, I went to Salt Lake Running--  a store that specializes in all things running.  This friend said that if I want to run a half marathon at the end of March (which I do) I MUST have proper shoes.  And not only were my $30 shoes from Khol's not adequate, but they were thoroughly worn out. 

So I walked through the doors to Salt Lake Running and told them I needed new shoes.

They had me run on a treadmill and they video-ed my feet to see what kind of of shoes would be best.  Then I tried on several pairs until I found the shoes that spoke to me.
These are they.
Clark told me they were weird looking.  And they kind of are, but they feel great.  Here's hoping for 7 pain free miles tomorrow morning.

Status update on Operation: Get in Shape Girl--- 36 pounds down.  Quite a few more to go.  These weird looking shoes are going to take me there!

3 comments:

christini yogini said...

Yaaaaaaayyyy! You are awesome, Betsy! I am behind you 100%, you can do anything!!!
XOXO,
C

Schramm Family said...

You look AMAZING!! I feel bad I've totally given up. You inspire me to get back into it. You look great!!! Keep it up!

Betsy Fox said...

Camille, If it makes you feel any better-- I have never exercised AT ALL during any of my pregnancies. I always think I will, but I never have. No extra energy to spare.