Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Seven Things

1.  Yesterday the new MP3 player arrived in the mail.  This was to replace the one from Barbara that I murdered when I accidentally sent it through the washer.  The timing was good because for the last few days the man-child couldn't find his other MP3 player (the one from Grandpa).  As I folded laundry this evening, I found the missing one.  It is now non-functional as well.  He left it in his pajama pants and it took a swim through the washer and dryer.  BUT THIS TIME IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! 

2.  I ran 5 1/2 miles this morning.  It took me one hour and ten minutes, which I realize is not a time I should brag about, but I ran 5 1/2 miles this morning!!!!  I'll just leave it at that. 

3.  I used to visit teach a marvelous older sister named Lucy Perry.  Her husband just passed away at the age of 90 and she called to ask if Bethany would play violin to accompany the family singing Teach Me to Walk in the Light.  Today was the funeral and Bethany played very well, although she was much more nervous than usual. 

4.  Her husband's health was ailing the whole time I visited her, so I didn't get to know him very well.  It was wonderful to listen to his children talk about their father and the good, kind, faithful man he was.  I especially liked their description of how their father did not complain.  Even at the end of his life, when he was in a great deal of discomfort, if someone asked him how he was he would reply, "I can't complain."  I was reminded that there is nothing that can't be made worse by complaining about it.

5.  I have a sock basket full of freshly folded socks.  There are 31 pairs of socks.  It is a little disheartening to realize that is only about a 3 days supply.  That's not complaining is it?  The girls--tired of laundry diving into the pack n' play of clean laundry--were celebrating a fully stocked sock basket.  It's all about low expectations.

6.  I am so excited for the Olympics in London this summer.  The Olympics and English accents.  Can life get any better?

7.   It is February.  Normally, I would say, "Boo! Hiss! I hate February!".  But I am going to try to make peace with February.  After all, I do have a Regency Romance Ball to prepare for! 

1 comment:

Gabrielle Kim said...

You ran 5.5 miles! That's amazing! I don't think I could do that if my life depended on it! I am very impressed!!!