Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bethany's Eleventh Birthday

Bethany turned eleven this past week and she decided to host her first murder mystery for her birthday party.
The story was set in England in 1807.  I was Lady Mazzing and I was looking for a suitable match for my dear son, Lord Mazzing (Clark).  The girls did a fabulous job and it was great fun.
In the course of the evening my charming and handsome son was murdered.  As you can see, I was heartbroken.
In the end, the birthday girl was the guilty party.
Her motive?
Lord Mazzing questioned and mocked her sense of fashion.  He said she looked like a stuffed turkey.  So she had to take care of him.
Elinor was the only young lady who correctly guessed the murderer.
Faith was so happy to get to be with the big girls.  And after patiently waiting through Elinor's and now Bethany's birthday, she is anxious for her big day next week.
Abe was Carson, the butler and the ladies kept him hopping all evening.  Several of the girls put on pretty impressive English accents.  If only we'd had our English Aunt Naomi with us!

I like what Elinor told Bethany the other day about their very different birthday parties.  "Your party is perfect for you and mine was perfect for me!".

3 comments:

christini yogini said...

Jolly good!!!

Gabrielle Kim said...

The girls gave me a very detailed rundown of the party on Sunday! They were all grinning from ear to ear. I had to give Bethany a hard time for being a murderer...that's not really CTR, now is it?

Amy F. said...

Really Betsy, you're really starting to make all us mom's look bad. Your parties are so spectaularly clever! You bring so much fun and joy into your children's lives! It looks like a wonderful day!