Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Complaint Log

We've had a problem at our house lately.

Complaining. 

Everyone is complaining, maybe with the exception of Abe.  He's not a big complainer and I am very glad because we're all full up on complaints right now.  Here are a few examples:

Example 1
"Mom, what are you making for dinner?"
"Shepherd's Pie"
"Oh, I guess I won't be eating dinner."

NEVER MIND THAT YOUR MOTHER IS MAKING YOU DINNER!

Example 2
"Girl-Child, go clean your room and put your clothes away."
"Do the other girl-children have to come help me?"

NEVER MIND THAT I WASHED AND FOLDED YOUR CLOTHES FOR YOU!

Example 3
"Mom will you take me to the store to buy some more Friends Legos with my money?"
"Sure, I'd be happy too."
"Can we go right now?"
"No, I'm sorry, today is not going to work, but I think I can on Wednesday."
"Ahhh, I don't want to wait until tomorrow."

NEVER MIND THAT THE REASON I CAN'T TAKE YOU UNTIL TOMORROW IS THAT I'M SO BUSY SHUTTLING YOU ALL OVER THE VALLEY AND HOMESCHOOLING YOU AND COOKING FOR YOU AND DOING YOUR LAUNDRY!

So, as you can see we are suffering with a deplorable lack of gratitude and an over abundance of complaining.  I have felt like I am a mere receptacle for complaints. 

Children, feel free to find me and tell me about anything that is making you uncomfortable in the least.  Please, if there is anything, anything, I can do to ease your discomfort with life, don't hesitate to weigh me down with it.  Are you a little bit bored?  Do you need something sweet to eat?  Do you not want to do your practicing?  You don't want to clear off the kitchen table? 
Oh, you poor dear!  Do not put yourself out at all!  I can't bear for my little darlings to do anything they don't want to do. 

NOT!

Well, anyway.  Today I started the complaint log.  If you have a complaint you must write it in the complaint log.  I just can't bear the responsibility of carrying your complaints any longer.  The log will have to hold your concerns.  Your complaints will all be addressed in Family Home Evening on Monday night. 

I would like to share a few entries from today's Complaint Log.

"I wish I were older"
-Elinor

"I wish I could get another Lego set."
-Faith

"My whole adventure file I had been working on all day was deleted."
-Clark

"I'm really bored."
-Bethany

"Why do I have so much school to do?"
-Elinor

"I have too many things to do in not enough time..."
-Clark

"I don't like this piano song."
-Taylor (a piano student)

My load has been lightened.  Thank you, Complaint Log.

1 comment:

Schramm Family said...

My kids wake up early and I want to sleep in.

They want to eat at least 3 times EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

They constantly fight.

Im tired of feeling like the family nag.

oh.... wait... sorry.....