Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Temple Open House

Yesterday was our first day of school and I am happy to report that it went very smoothly.   But we don't want to rush into things too fast, so we started today off with an early morning field trip to the Brigham City Temple open house.
The temple was so beautiful that it was well worth the hour and a half drive each way.  We parked a little ways away and rode a charter bus to the temple.  George loved the bus rides!  In fact, throughout the open house tour he was quite vocal in his desire to get back on the bus.
It was a long day between our outing, school work, piano lessons, tae kwon do, football, friends playing, and meal preparation.  We're all tuckered out, so I was so thankful Bethany offered to paint my nails for me.  I think red toenail polish has magical powers.
I guess Bethany is on a mission to help us all look our best.  On Sunday she curled Faith's hair for her.  I am so grateful. 
We were all celebrating this evening when Faith got her back-handspring!!! She's been working on it for a while and she did it with Abe helping her this evening.  Hooray!!  Next up is her round-off back-handspring.
Cannon is a very social creature and would happily play all day every day with friends.  And fortunately he has several little friends in the neighborhood who rotate around to each other's houses to play.  I don't think any of my other little people played with friends so much when they were so young but he seems to thrive off it.  
As long as we only see these faces when they are playing tough guys.

No comments: