Friends, bear with me. I seriously want to let loose a string of complaints right now, the likes of which have never been seen on my blog.
Bad. I want to complain really bad. But I know that will not make me feel any better. So I'm going to force myself to count 10 blessings.
1. I am so grateful to have a warm house to spend the day in and sleep in at night. It is cold, cold, cold outside, but inside I feel quite comfy with a cozy sweater on.
2. I am so grateful to have a functioning washer and dryer. I don't have to drive to a laundromat or be outside with a bucket of cold water and a washboard. I do have a lot of laundry to fold, but I get to fold it in my warm house.
3. I am so glad that surely but slowly, George is making potty progress. He has voluntarily pooped on the potty two times. Never mind the 15 other times. Once again, thanks be to the washer and dryer.
4. I never understood algebra very well when I was in Jr. high, high school, or even college. Thanks to Clark and his troubles with algebra, I am really understanding it very, very thoroughly. Maybe I'll add math tutor to my resume.
5. I woke up this morning craving sweets and treats something fierce. I could not get enough. I felt beyond out of control. I was so grateful that I had 1 1/2 hours this afternoon to go to the grocery store to stock up on healthy whole grains and fruits and veggies. I even made some quinoa with spinach and feta cheese for dinner. Go me.
6. I am thankful for the cute lady at the library who does puppet shows every now and then. It was very satisfying to spend some time with my little ones doing something a little less challenging than tutoring algebra. And George is becoming quite reasonable in public these days. No more shrieking and running away laughing. I guess that behavior is reserved for church.
7. I am so grateful to Abe for his hard work for our family. He is wonderful and doesn't complain and is so good to all of us. And he's helping to fold that mountain of laundry even as I write.
8. I am thankful for Jillian Michaels. I do think she is a little vicious on the Biggest Loser, but I love her DVDs and I get a good workout without having to leave my house. Although, I did go to a gym with my friend on Saturday and I quite enjoyed it. Someday I think I'd like to go to a gym regularly, but for now, it will just be me and Jillian in the morning.
9. I am thankful for my carpooling friend, Michelle. She makes my life
easier and makes it possible for my children to be places I might not be
able to get them to.
10. I am thankful for Downton Abbey. It is a source of great joy-- I
don't have to do anything but sit and enjoy it. It asks nothing of me,
except contributions from viewers like me.