Sunday, March 31, 2013

St. Patty's Day


St. Patrick's Day is not an overblown event at our house.  I don't know why I can't pull it together enough to put a few drops of green food coloring in some pancake batter and call it good.  But I don't.  I do remind the kids to wear green, but they're not going to school, and I won't allow them to pinch each other, so it doesn't matter anyway.

So although I don't do much to celebrate the day, I am so happy that Clark sees to it that St. Patty's Day is fun for the little kids.  For may years he has put together treasure hunts with clues for the little ones to follow to help them find the stash of gold coins.
And the clues are written in rhyming verse and they are so clever.  This year there was a clue in a word search as well.  It took all of us working together to figure out to head to the playroom.
As much as I don't really care about St. Patrick's Day, I think I will cry buckets of tears the first year that Clark lives away from home and isn't here to do his Leprechaun hunt.

1 comment:

christini yogini said...

Coolest big brother award!!!!!! Awesome, Clark!!