Monday, July 15, 2013

Final Birthday Fun

My very useful birthday gift from a very clever friend.  Camille and I have joked about needing a number dispensing system like they have in fabric stores.  When I am feeling overwhelmed by children's requests for my help I will say, "Take a number, get in line".
As such a dispenser is quite expensive she was resourceful and made me one!
One more birthday celebration!
Due to my lack of planning some of my piano students stayed a little longer last Tuesday morning.  The little cuties decided to make a pancake birthday feast for Hayden (in blue- it was his actual birthday) and me.
That is not an actual cigar Faith has in her mouth.  It's a cheese stick.

As far as the rest of the week, it was quite a blur to me.  I had a hard time adjusting to the pace of life post vacation.  It felt like stepping onto a treadmill already moving at about 12 miles an hour.  I pretty much got wrung through and couldn't get off.
Clark did another of his science camps this past Saturday morning.  This one was not as well attended, just due to schedules, but it was a really fun one-- rocks and volcanoes along with earthquakes and erosion.  Lots of good earth science!
 They made and erupted volcanoes.
A nifty erosion experiment.
Not so much erosion when there is plant growth.
Popcorn treat for the Magic School Bus show we watched.

All this science and nature is well and good, but it went a little too far this week.
Clark came up the basement stairs and screamed like a girl.

Oh no...!
What has escaped?
My life is so gross.

The snake laid eggs.
Yes, you may recall the honking huge snake Clark caught up in Spokane?  
Well, the snake laid TWELVE eggs!!! Clark got online to research how to incubate them and this is what he came up with.  I'm not sure why he has marked them with X's, but I trust Clark's expertise.
You may wonder what we will do with 12 baby bull snakes, should they successfully hatch.  I don't know, but I do know that we will NOT be keeping any of them.

On the bright side we've never known the gender of any of our snakes for sure before and now we're quite sure.  You can imagine what joy this is to Clark-- he's going to be a father!

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

OH MY HEAVENS!! Clark is the reptile whisperer. It's crazy! I bet he is giddy with excitement. :)