Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It Officially Begins

WARNING:  This post is chock full of reunion pictures.  They are great fun for us, but maybe not for everyone.
The day started off with a youth temple trip to the Spokane temple.  I wasn't there, but I hear it went well and it's a wonderful tradition each year.
Then came one of the very most fun traditions of the whole reunion-- the roller skating party at Roller Valley!
Bethany was a pretty good skater-- I think she even won the girls race.
The races are always fun.  I had high hopes for victory.
But it was not meant to be.  The twins skunked Amy and I.
 Here are Jesse and Amy and their "hot" roller skating picture.
It didn't go so well for Abe and I. 
But it's not all our fault.  Jesse did photo-bomb our picture.
I don't know whose idea it was, but at the end of roller skating there was an arm-wrestling tournament of sorts.
Clark and Moses.
We had a bit of time between roller skating and the next activity, so Jesse & Amy and Abe & I ditched our kiddos and went to lunch to "celebrate my birthday", but really just to have some time together to talk and enjoy each others company with no little people around.
We met up at a church pavilion for dinner.  It's mayhem, but somehow it works.   Although I have a problem.  I have all these fantastic sister-in-laws that are very helpful in meal prep and clean up.  By the time I think to help clean up, they have already beat me to it.  And then I feel bad and lazy.
The return of the rock, paper, scissors tournament.  Elinor vs. Uncle Daniel.
Bethany vs. Nathan.
 Cannon vs. Claire.  They were born on the exact same day.  Claire won.
Elinor won the whole thing!  She was so happy!
The teen crowd.  They are LOVING hanging out and I couldn't hope for better influences for my kids.

As if all this wasn't enough for one day, we still had the talent show.
Cannon sang "Yankee Doodle" and Faith accompanied him on the piano.
 Elinor did Tae Kwon Do.
Faith did gymnastics.
Bethany played a rather lengthy concerto so we gave the okay for the kids to relax and take a little rest on the floor.
Clark played "Mission Impossible".
George with Grandma Fox.
 The girls.
It's been a day of fun and I am really loving all the time I'm getting to snuggle with George.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the worst part about seeing the pictures is knowing how much FUN you're all having, and being more than a little sad we can't come (this year). :-( Thanks for sharing, though!

Amy F. said...

We had a nice lunch together! I wish we could do that more often! Congrats to Elinor on winning Rock-Paper-Scissors! Also, your kids have actual, really great talents and we're glad they showed them off!!