Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pooped of Lagoon


Saturday was Abe's work's Lagoon day.  Everyone was so excited to go and the day did not disappoint!  Around 4:00 Cannon declared he was "pooped of Lagoon".   Good thing he got a second wind for another 5 hours.
The big kids overcame their fears of roller coasters.  They didn't ride the scariest one-- Wicked, but they did all the others.
Abe and are sadly getting a little too old to really enjoy the big rides, so we were quite happy to watch these little guys go on the kiddie rides.
I love bumper cars-- so did they.
Faith's favorite ride was Bombora.  It's a fairly gently roller coaster that she rode on over and over and over again.  Probably more than 10 times!
A couple of other families from our neighborhood were at Lagoon on Saturday as well.  Faith's and her good friend Lois loved the roller coasters.
And Elinor and her good friend Asia were riding buddies.  Here they are on the scary ride called "The Spider".  I would never go on a ride with a name like that.
And Cannon and his friend Chase.  This is a family in our neighborhood that has recently begun homeschooling.  How nice for us!
I do still like this ride.  I didn't do many rides with my older kids-- they were off adventuring on their own, so it was fun when I got to see them.
Clark didn't arrive until after 1:00 pm because he was of on a scout camp.  Fortunately his scout leader was joining his family at Lagoon as well so Clark got a ride to meet up with us.
Alright, now for my soapbox moment.  I am a people watcher.  I can't help myself.  We're such fascinating creatures!  I took a few notes on the fashions people wore and I have a bit of commentary. 

1.  A lot of women wear very non-supportive sandals to Lagoon.  They do look cute- I'll give them that, but yikes!  You're going to be on on your feet all day.  Do you have arches of steel?  I had on really supportive shoes, but by the end of the day my feet were hurting.  More power to you cute, stylish ladies.

2.  This one is about the ladies as well.  I have no problem with people coming in all shapes and sizes.  But I think those of us who come in a little bit bigger shape and size might want to consider wearing clothing that is a larger size than a twiggy girl would wear.  I would appreciate it if you wear clothing that adequately covers your ample top and bottom.  Come on!  There are little children here!

3.  I feel a little bit bad about the previous two comments, but not about this last one.  You see, for #1 and #2 you weren't asking for my attention or commentary.  But for this one you were clearly asking for my attention.  Well, you got it.  And this is what I really think.  Your T-shirts with the snarky/rebellious/immature/self-centered sayings tell me more about you than you might want me to know.  Here were my top 4 obnoxious T-shirt sayings.
     a.  "Normal is Boring"
     b.  "Sometimes bad choices make great stories"
     c.  "Bad Mormon". 
     d.  "Growing old is mandatory.  Growing up is optional"

Alright, that's enough.  Sorry for being stinky.

Now, if you've looked through my kids' pictures and endured my self-righteous soap box, then you get to see my favorite part of the day.
We continued our tradition of doing old-time photos at Lagoon.  I am so happy with this one.  I especially love Cannon's and George's expressions.  They were told to be serious.
And it gets even better here.  They were told to look angry.  Oh my goodness, I could eat George up!

2 comments:

Kajsa and Fam said...

oh George! That face is too cute! So fun that you guys take those pictures.

Amy F. said...

I just loved the last two pictures! What a fun tradition you have! We would do that but Silverwood has a pathetic choice of outfits. You guys really look great! The boys are hilarious, and Faith smiling in the "angry" photo is pretty cute.