Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween Freak-Out

I feel nauseous.  I have less than 72 hours to transform my family into Greek gods and godesses.  This was the family costume theme everyone agreed on and I was the biggest proponent.    This seemed like a very manageable feat  2 months ago.  It would be cheap and easy.  Buy some white fabric, some gold trim, throw some greenery in our hair and as Cannon would say, "Easy peasy lemon-squeezy."

Please keep in mind that I don't sew and have no artistic vision.  What seemed so doable just 2 weeks ago, feels very daunting to me now.  
 
Three years ago I successfully sewed straight lines on flannel fabric for a quilt.  I haven't gotten my sewing machine out since then.  I am breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about it.  The children are getting nervous.  They have a Halloween carnival Wednesday night where costumes are "optional."  But come on, my children will disown me if they don't have costumes to wear.  Clark is quietly telling his siblings to come up with a plan B for themselves.  He's harassing me.  

I have already purchased much of the necessary supplies, but I'm afraid Clark might be right.  I'm losing faith.  Years ago when Clark was little I bought white terry cloth fabric with the intentions of learning to sew and making Clark a Max costume from Where the Wild Things Are.  I still have the bag of fabric.  It never materialized (pun intended).

I can do this, right?  I've even gone so far as to watch lots of videos online about how to make a no-sew DIY Greek goddess costume.  This can be done.  I can do this.  I just need to dedicate the day to it tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

1 comment:

Vanessa Brown said...

I can't wait to see! You'll pull it off.