Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference April 2014

Last weekend we enjoyed a girls' night out with friends.  We had tickets to the Women's Conference at the Conference Center, but first went to dinner at the Lion House.  Although the tickets state very clearly that you are to be seated by 5:30 or the tickets may be invalidated, I've never seen that actually happen.  At every event at the Conference Center I've ever been to people are still coming in close to start time.  Sadly, we took a bit too long for dinner and when we arrived at 5:40, it was all full and we were turned away.  We ended up watching from the Tabernacle instead.  It was still a very enjoyable evening for all.
This weekend has been General Conference and Abe took Elinor and Faith down to the Sunday morning session.
They met up with two of Abe's brothers--Jesse and Daniel-- and some of their children.
 Many of the Fox brothers have a wonderful tradition of taking newly turned 8-year olds to General Conference.  Jesse was down from Spokane with Annie and John who hadn't been to Conference yet.  He is the one who scored tickets for us.

I couldn't believe it when I saw this picture on the camera from Conference.  But it's legit.  Our group photo was photo bombed by the former Senator Bob Bennet.  Check it out.
Isn't that crazy?!!
I think he saw a really nice family group and was trying to pass himself off as the grandpa.  Ha, ha, ha!  It cracks me up.

I thoroughly enjoyed Conference weekend.  We did miss Abe yesterday, who worked all day, but it was marvelous to be at home for two days straight, with not a whole lot going on besides spiritually feasting and cleaning my home.  I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I am grateful for a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and Apostles and leaders who teach us and help us to understand God's plan for his children on earth.

No comments: