Wednesday, May 28, 2014

For He's a Jolley Good Fellow

Happy 6th birthday to our Cannon Jolley Fox!  I know I'm his mom, but even so, I don't hesitate to say he is quite possibly the most articulate, funny, pleasant, clever, kind-hearted, diplomatic, snuggly, delightful, polite six year-old little guy on the planet.
Cannon chose to spend the day at the new Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  We recently purchased a family membership to all of Thanksgiving point.  It is a little pricey, but for a family of 8, we figured we'd only have to go twice and it would pay for itself.
In this picture Clark built a birthday throne for Cannon.
Clark was so great in helping look after the little boys at the museum.  I woke up not feeling very well this morning and I don't think I could have handled things very well on my own.
The girls all decided to pay a bit of their own money to do the high ropes course.
This new museum is great fun and the kids give it two thumbs up.  It is very hands-on and playful.  Of course it's directed towards younger kids, but my bigger kids enjoyed it as well.
George has a hard time looking at the camera, but he was loving the Waterworks area.
Cannon was a worker bee and collected lots of these foam blocks to help some older boys build this structure.
At his birthday dinner this evening Cannon did a reading of his letter from Grandma and Grandpa Fox.
This is my favorite birthday picture.  If you're familiar with the new Lego movie, the "Believe" cat poster will make a little more sense.  If you're not familiar with it, my explanation still might not make much sense, but you'll have to trust me that it's funny and we all got a really good chuckle out of it.
Speaking of the Lego movie, we were late in coming to the party and we just saw it a couple of weeks ago, and but we are REALLY BIG fans.  I haven't enjoyed a movie that much in a long time.
Cannon is holding a stack of waffles-- his birthday dinner request.
Also of note, Cannon is wearing shorts, or as he would call them, short-pants.  He hates shorts and this is the first day of the warm weather season that I've convinced him to wear them.  I don't know why he doesn't like to wear shorts-- he says he feels uncomfortable showing so much of his legs.  Perhaps we've taken the "modesty thing" too far:)
We weren't terribly original in our gifts, but as you can see, the Lego movie Legos were well received.
And to be six years old and get Lego building time with your dad--- that's as good as it gets.

No comments: