Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Baby Sprinkle

Some of my dear ward girlfriends wanted to do something to help me celebrate the arrival of this little baby boy.  I suggested we have a girls' night-- but NO GIFTS!  I have a lot of baby supplies already and since this is very possibly my last baby, I'd much rather make do with what we have than invest a lot in new clothing or equipment.  Besides, who needs a shower for baby number 8?
So my sweet friends threw me a "Baby Sprinkle" rather than a baby shower, which was a girls' night and ladies brought just a little something to put in a basket for me.  I felt very loved and it did make the upcoming event feel a little more real.
Don't get me wrong-- I feel really, very pregnant-- and huge and uncomfortable-- but it's hard to believe that it's going to translate to a new little person very soon.
The "P" in the cupcake is the initial of this little person.  I don't believe I've revealed the name on the blog yet.  Here goes:  It's "P" for Peter.  This is my dad's name and my youngest brother's name.  The full name will be Peter Jesse Fox.  Jesse is after Abe's brother just younger than him.
Here is my little basket of goodies.  It was chock full of chocolate to help me get to the end of the pregnancy!  There were a few little onsies and outfits which will be nice, but you know this baby will have more than his share of hand-me-downs from three older brothers.
I'm not sure why I look so frightened of every piece of baby clothing I touched.  Well, okay, I sort of know why I look frightened.  Believe it or not, I am quite nervous about having another baby.  It's partly the actual process of getting the baby here, but it's also that it's been a while since I've cared for a newborn.  Life is busy and there is a lot going on at our house and I know how I like to care for infants and I'm not sure how those things are all going to fit together.  It will be an adjustment.  Clark is 15.  George is just about to turn 4 and there are a lot of children and activities in between.  I know I have a lot of helpers who are super anxious to "mother" a little baby.  But this is the largest gap between children and I feel very out of practice.  Hopefully, it will be like riding a bike.  Hopefully.  If not, there may be some tearful blog posts.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy belly pictures with super cute, skinny, pregnant people.  Good thing Annie Chase is so nice!
At the end of the evening we posed for a picture.  Several of these gals are my neighborhood book club friends as well.  I love my ward/neighborhood friends!  Thank you, Shelley, Sarah, and Liesel for a fun night and helping me get ready for Peter's arrival.

1 comment:

Bonita said...

You look so BEAUTIFUL! I love it! So happy for your new addition to your family. Awesome parents needs to have lots of kids. ;)