Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Peter's Blessing Day

Happy day for our family!  Sunday, October 12, 2014 was Peter Jesse Fox's blessing day.
He was all smiles for his daddy on Sunday morning.
 Well, all smile and all EYES!  Don't worry, he'll grown into them.
I think Peter will have lots of mommies.  Here is Mommy Bethany-- 13 years older than Peter.
And Mommy Elinor-- 11 years older.
And Mommy Faith-- 8 years older.
Oh, and I guess there is me-- just the one who actually gave birth to him--37 years older. 
 We called him "Peter Cottontail" in his soft white blessing outfit. 
Our wonderful Barbara put one of her many talents to work again and handmade his outfit for him.  So generous.
It's hard for me to say just how much I love this picture.  My father (Peter), my husband, and my son together.  Three of my greatest blessings in eternity.
Abe gave Peter the most beautiful blessing.  I brought many tears to my eyes and reminded me yet again how much I love Abe and the kind, loving. faithful soul he is. 
Grandma and Grandpa Cannon.  Beverly bore a beautiful testimony and we are blessed to have her in our family.
 The picture is a bit blurry, but look how beautiful Abe's sister Marjorie is!  She and four of her five kids came down from Rexburg for the blessing.
 Rebecca, one of my dearest friends, I've known since we were young mothers with our first babies in Draper.  So happy she and her beautiful family could come share the day with us.
Careful not to crack a smile, you guys. 
They are too cool for words.  I'll stop trying.
My most wonderful sister, Brigitta.  I'm so grateful to have her in my life.  And I'm grateful she brought me plenty of pumpkin pie spice when I foolishly quadrupled the batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I made for the lunch afterwards.  I needed A LOT of pumpkin pie spice and she saved the day.
Cannon (and all my children for that matter) have a cousin Brigham on both sides of the family.  Marjorie's son (left) and Brig's son (right). 
Corrine, Bethany, and Autumn-- don't you feel sorry for their fathers? 
My step-sister Candee and her daugther Evie.  They live in Layton, but will be moving much closer to us soon.  Hooray for us!
From left to right:  Claire (born the same day as Cannon), Millie, Jadan, Hayden, Emi, and Takara.  
Our friends the Butterfields.  Jenn brought the most divine pumpkin cake.  Totally put my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to shame.  I really didn't need to quadruple the batch.
  Abe's brother's family  (Phil and Katie) came up from Orem later in the day.
Cousin Lego party was a great way to finish off the day.

And it was a really fantastic day.  If I may toot my own horn for a moment-- I made all the fixings for Cafe Rio type salads and it was pretty dang yummy.  And, although it is a pretty awful tradition that a new mom ready the house and prepare food for all her nearest and dearest so soon after giving birth, I a grateful for it.  It motivated Abe and I to really attend to the house and put things in order.  It was in pretty bad shape after being rather neglected the last few months.  Now I feel like the house is better functioning.
Mostly though, it was so nice to have our family and friends support us and celebrate the blessing of Peter in our family.
He's a pretty big deal.
And yummy.

No comments: