Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy at Home

I frequently tell the children, "Anything you do and say can and will be used against you in a court of blog."

I present you with Underwear head.
For the record, Cannon was warned and advised against allowing this picture to be taken.
And just look at the influence he is having on his younger brothers.
The truth is, underwear head is always funny.
 His bi-weekly journal is not his favorite school assignment.
 But if it helps him to someday do what the girls are doing, it will be worth it.  The girls have both been spending hours working on their stories/books.  When it comes to homeschool, they have some school work that is non-negotiable.  But often, if they can think of something better-- like writing their book-- I am happy to oblige.  This project kills lots of birds with one stone-- creative writing, grammar, spelling, typing, technology.  I always think it is funny when they write stories set in a public school.  How would they know?  I suppose they read a lot of books with that setting.
I'm putting this picture up so I don't forget what he looks like.  The FIRST Robotics Competition build season ends on Tuesday.  Clark has been gone from home so much-- from about 4pm to 11 pm 4-5 days a week for the past six weeks.  We homeschoolers aren't used to such separation! I'm missing the guy.
Last Saturday afternoon and evening the kids had a great time with great friends.  Elinor and Bethany wanted to have a tea party with the fancy teacups.  Asia and Megan came for the occasion and Cannon and Faith were their servants.  The servants were kindly asked not to smile in the pictures.
George and best buddy Lincon playing superheros in the tent.
Cannon and Ryder.
Elinor and Megan.
"Just Dance" WITH A BOY!!!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Twister with boys and girls.  What is this world coming to?  Give me strength.  Notice George and Faith were joining the party?  Hmm-mm.  Younger siblings are always welcome to join their older siblings when friends of the opposite gender are around.
A game of Heroscape on Saturday night after a day of Robotics was a pleasant change of pace for these boys.  Clark was a good sport and let Cannon play as well.
I've been struggling this week trying to keep the house clean or at least make peace with the mess.  Please allow me this moment to celebrate my relatively clean kitchen counter with a vase of flowers and plate of freshly baked cookies.  Maybe I'm doing all right.  At least I was doing all right at the moment this picture was taken.  Actually, I think it was that Peter had been sick that week and sleeping more than usual, so I had a bit more time to pick up.
 On a bit of a sad note for George, his friend Lincon is moving.  Not too far.  Only three blocks away, but this is Utah, so it means he'll be in a different ward and stake for church.  Of course they can still play together, but I'm pretty bummed about it.
I don't think anyone should move.  EVER.  I just don't think that is unreasonable.

No comments: