Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, Shakespeare!

Last week our family book club celebrated Shakespeare's birthday by acting out several famous scenes.  Andrea chose the scenes, handed us our scripts, and ten minutes later--voila!  Instant Shakespeare!  Here are Clark, London, and Zach performing a scene from Richard III.  London and Zach were plotting Clark's death and Clark awoke to try to talk them out of it, but to no avail.  Clark was murdered, and a very convincing death it was.   I don't think this scence was originally intended to be funny, but the ways these boys performed it, it was hilarious.
Elinor, Faith, and McKinley were the three witches in Macbeth.  "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble!"
I can understand that Shakespeare isn't everyone's cup of tea, but you simply must believe me when I tell you what fun this was.  Oh my goodness--we laughed and we have some serious thespians in our midst!
They were a good audience.
Bethany and Tanner performing a scene from the always controversial,  The Taming of the Shrew.
There was another scene with Jakob and Raven doing Much Ado About Nothing, but I don't have a picture to share.  They were very good as well.
The littles were my favorite-- Andrea had big cue cards and directed them in a super simplified Macbeth.  They were so into it and committed!
The adult did a scene from Comedy of Errors.  Have you ever seen so much action in a bowing shot?  True art, I tell you. 

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

What an awesome little stage!