Monday, June 22, 2015

Fathers And Sons 2015

I just quite like these people.  Fathers and Sons Camp Out was up Diamond Fork Canyon off of Spanish Fork Canyon.  It also happens to be about a mile from Clark's all time favorite reptile hunting grounds.  Because Clark was taking the ACT Saturday morning, they didn't stay overnight, but rather went up early in the day on Friday to have plenty of male bonding time.  Actually, Cannon did stay over night with his good buddy, Jake.
Oh, it is fun to have Clark for a big brother!  I almost can't stand how much I love this picture.
Prepare yourself for something shocking...
George is turning FIVE next month.  A more snuggly, sweetheart of a boy I have never known.
They did plenty of adventuring with friends later in the evening, but during the day, it was just the Fox boys.
Clark's happy place-- King of the Hill!
Sometimes I hear women at church lament that there is not a mothers daughters camp out.  I love bonding with women-- book clubs, girls nights..., but I am great with sending the boys off for adventure and staying home in a cleaner, quieter house with just the girls.
True joy!  I must remind myself to go back and look at this picture when I'm having a bad day. 
The lizard catchers.  Okay, now I'm going to warn you.  The next picture is gross.  Not bloody, gruesome kind of gross--- but lots of lizards in one location gross.  Please feel free to scroll down or leave the post all together.  

Apparently, this isn't even close to all they caught.  And thankfully they did not bring this many home.  Of course they brought a few home, but most were mercifully released back into the wild.  These are pretty big, fat lizards, so it's no wonder they caught so many.  Not that they couldn't have caught little quick ones as well... my menfolk are skilled that way.
This might be even more disgusting to think about.  Lots of lizard catching with bare hands.  Please tell me someone brought a gallon of hand sanitizer?  No, wait, don't tell me anything.  I don't want to know.
Just tell me you had fun and let's leave it at that.

No comments: