Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Song and Dance Overload

Bethany and Elinor played a lovely duet of "What Child is This?" on piano and violin.  This picture is just before they performed it at Elinor's piano recital, but they also played at Festival of Trees and in our Sacrament Meeting at church.  
Here's the video.


Team Little Kids just before their piano recital.  

George and I doing a duet of "Good King Wenceslas".  He was quite delightful to work with.

Cannon playing "O Holy Night".

Cannon and Faith playing a duet of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".

Faith playing "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer".
This was a pretty big recital for me as this is about the most students I've ever taught.  Don't ask how I do it-- I just do it.  I have a schedule and I stick to it pretty tightly.  
Oh, and I don't clean my house. 
I'm very grateful to get to work with so many great kids and I'm grateful to be able to do it from my own home.  And I must say I was VERY PLEASED with how every single student played.  Except for the very beginners, who played only one piece, everyone played a solo and a duet with another student.  
 Some of the cute girls in our ward that I teach.
Peter doesn't play any instruments yet, or sing, but he does have a very special dance move when he likes the music.  He's done it for a while now-- pointing his index finger up and moving his arm up and down.  I like that  he's usually straight-faced as he dances.

We were double-booked the night of the piano recital.  Faith's gymnastics recital was the same night.  Abe took her to it and then brought her to the piano recital.  She did great.  Good luck finding her.  She has dark hair in two braids and shes one of the shorter ones.

A couple of weeks ago Cannon had his first dance recital.  It was so much fun!  Here are his videos.  The first is a tap dance.  I don't think you'll have any trouble picking him out.
Here's the next one of his all-boys hip hop dance.  He starts fourth in from the left.  He has on a black and blue Batman hat.
He likes his tap class, even though he is the only boy.  But I must share a funny conversation with him after I picked him up from class a little while ago.  He seemed a little quiet and I asked him if class went okay.  He said it did, but he wasn't very enthusiastic.  Finally he said, "I just don't feel that comfortable around so many women who are not of my relation".
Funny boy.  
Christmas is a very busy time of year for a family who does a lot of music and performing.  Fortunately, music is just about my favorite part of Christmas so I love it.  
Totally off topic, but even I was blown away by the thickness of Elinor's braid!

No comments: