Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Friday morning I had my 20 week ultrasound.  Honestly, the number one concern is hoping for a healthy baby with all of his or her working parts.  And as far as we know, that is the case.  So the next item of interest... WHAT IS THIS BABY???
Not surprisingly, the boys want a boy and the girls want a girl.  Basically, half the family will be disappointed.  We figured the momentary joy of silly string would ease the sting for those who weren't overjoyed with the ultrasound results.
 The revealing moment... IT'S A GIRL!!!!!  Check out Elinor's and Bethany's facial expressions as they realize they will have another little sister after a 10 years and three little brothers.
They were screaming and running around.  Based on Faith's expression, she might have some concerned about being dethroned from her "Daddy's Little Princess" status.  We'll try to ease her transition.
George told me later that day, "Actually, I am glad it is a girl.  Lincon (his best friend) has a little sister too".
That's Clark white tennis shoe... as he tried to run away from what he'd just done to Peter.
Peter does NOT like getting dirty.  If a bit of his food spills, he cannot continue to eat until it's wiped up.  Needless to say, he didn't appreciate getting covered in silly string.
Or perhaps this will be Peter's reaction to a new baby sister!
Clark probably isn't thrilled at this point that it's a girl, but like I told him when we found out Faith was a girl, "She'll probably be pretty cute.  You'll probably end up liking her."
Abe and I are thrilled!  It has been a long time since we had little girl and I enjoyed my three bigger girls so, so much.  I cried during the ultrasound when she said it looked like a girl.  A daughter is a best friend for life and I could not be happier.
It was one of those family moments I hope I can remember for many years. 

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

We gave the kids Silly String without the lids (which would have indicated the color, either Blue or Pink). Well, as the pics show.....Pink silly string came forth!!