Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pregnancy Update and Clever Children

I don't know why it is that I feel so much better in some pregnancies than others.  You would think it would be age or weight related-- the older and bigger I get, the worse I feel.  But that does not seem to be the case.  Granted I am moving slower this go round than I did when I was expecting Clark and Bethany, but I'm feeling mentally and physically pretty good-- all things considered.  I'm just trying to take it easy and walk a few mornings a week with my friend.  She's a good sport to slow down as I slow down.
I was recently notified that my Dr. suddenly left the practice I was going to.  At first I was slightly annoyed, but I had an appointment last week with another Dr. in the practice whom I really, really liked, so I don't think it will be a problem at all.  And let's face it, I have quite a bit of experience, so I will most likely be the one calling the shots and telling him how things are going to go down.  We shall see.
This is definitely the fastest a pregnancy has ever gone for me.  I am in shock that I have only three months left.  That's third trimester talk!  WHAT???!!!  As a family we're all pretty excited for the summer's activities-- a new baby, summer camps galore, the Olympics, a play, and let's not forget Slurpees and watermelon!
But first we are plowing on, trying to get school work finished up.   The truth is, some members of this family will be working on school work well into the summer.  We have such good intentions, but we usually get a little behind the ball during the second semester of the school year.
The Fox family is now the Beaver family.
We've been collecting a wood/stick pile in the back yard for years.  It is not for any emergency preparedness purpose (please don't give us that much credit).  Rather they are scrap wood or fallen branches we've collected off the lawn and don't know what else to do with them.  "The Hole" in the back yard, which has, in years past, been made into an actual pond, has now been transformed into a fort, but it looks like a beavers lodge.
A little game of ice hockey on the kitchen/living room floor.  They made their sticks and penalty box out of PVC pipe from the fort building kit they got for Christmas.  They wore several pairs of socks to help them slide around and protect their feet and ankles from swinging sticks.
I love clever children.  I especially love when they come up with their awesome ideas after being denied screen time.  10 points for Mom!
Saturday was painting day.  When the bigger kids were little I had some great paint sets and we painted and did artsy projects more frequently.  While watching a kids show on PBS a couple months ago, they showed little kids painting and I thought, "Oh, yeah... I guess since nobody is in preschool or school... I'm supposed to make sure they do stuff like that."
So we replenished our supply of painting supplies and last Saturday we had at it.  I admit it was fun.
Cannon begins work on Starry, Starry Night".
And I don't want to brag or anything... but yeah... I did this.
I know, I know.  Impressive.  And so original.  I'm visionary that way.
Remember when Elinor got cute little chirping chicks for her birthday back in February?
Well, darn it!  They grew up.
We've made a little enclosure for them in the backyard, but have yet to come up with a chicken coop.  Have I mentioned we aren't exactly handy with building materials?  Oh well, we'll come up with something.  I think Faith thinks she is training a falcon, like in My Side of the Mountain.  Sorry, Sweetheart, that bird might not have the potential you think it does.

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

Your family is hilarious, creative and up to all kinds of fun stuff!