Friday, November 11, 2016

Book Club Fun

This weather!!  It's been so, so, nice!  I don't remember ever seeing weather like this in Utah in November. It always seems to turn really cold right before or immediately after Halloween.  But tomorrow is November 12th and we're still seeing temperatures in the high sixties.  This picture is from our book club this week, discussing From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.  It's a very fun read and book club is always markedly easier when we can go do run-around games outside.
We played missionary tag, which I haven't played since I was a youth, but it's so much fun.
See... doesn't it look like these two sisters are having so much fun?
Then we made statues out of aluminum foil.  Some young people went for the the every popular, classic "rock" (just balling up a lot of tin foil).
Some had more sinister plans...
Some liked working on a smaller scale-- a little man riding a water buffalo.
That was Elinor taking her inspiration from a book she read last year.
 My favorite was this beautiful bouquet of flowers made by Abe's nephew, James.
Here are our energetic little cub scouts meeting at our house this week.
Do you see something different about me in this picture?  Yes, I did it again.  I got my hair cut short and I L-O-V-E it!  I was recommended a gal who is great with short hair and I was very happy with her.  I think long hair can be very beautiful, but for me it is so uncomfortable and I don't like it.  I feel much more myself with it cut short.  So I'm happy to be back to myself.
The day before the shearing, we enjoyed a Fox family home evening at Marjorie's house down in Orem.  It was short and sweet and we had Krispie Kreme doughnuts for a snack.  What else can you ask for?  Then this evening I enjoyed a girls' dinner with a couple of sister-in-laws.  I'm feeling rather spoiled.
This little George is a sweetheart!  He was so excited to go to his friend's (who is a girl) birthday party today.  It was a cooking party.  He insisted on wrapping the present himself, but not carrying the pink bag down the street.  He wanted me to help him get ready early this morning and asked me no less than 15 times what time it was today and how much longer until the party.  
Let me tell you about this picture.  First of all, this is our coat closet.  No, having clothes all over the floor isn't an unusual condition for my coat closet.  I thinking hanging coats up is overrated, especially in a family of a lot of young children.  I just want the coats to make it into the closet and not be left out on the couches.  If the kids can get them into the closet and be able to close the closet door, then let's just call it good.   I feel confident my standards will increase as my children get older, but this is how I manage nowadays.  
But the funny thing here is Peter hiding in said closet because he had a stinky diaper.  His little sense of humor is really coming out and he's taken to running away and laughing and hiding when he's stinky.
He did it yesterday too.   What a character we have on our hands!  The good news is we know he needs to be changed if he goes to the closet.
Peter calls her "Ga-Ga". 
So I suppose we have a "Baby Ga-Ga" rather than Lady Ga-Ga.  
She continues to delight, although I could do with a little more daytime napping from her.  She falls asleep very easily, but doesn't stay asleep for more than about 20 minutes.  Good thing she is so good-natured and stays pretty happy even when overtired.

No comments: