Sunday, December 25, 2016

Cannon Family Christmas Eve Breakfast 2016

9:00-11:00 AM Christmas Eve morning.
Can I adequately express just how much I love these two hours of the year?  This is my extended Cannon family Christmas breakfast party and I would be heartbroken to miss it.
It's not just me.  My husband loves it.  My children look forward to it.  I think its pretty remarkable that three generations down from Joyce and Glen Cannon (my grandparents) will arrange schedules and make every effort to gather on this special day each year.
We all know that when we go there, we are loved.  We know we will be happily greeting by aunts, uncles and cousins who are equally excited to be reunited and catch up on one another's lives.  I love, love, love my Aunt Carolyn.
These two cuties, Hunter and Greta, are about two weeks apart.  Their next older siblings, Kimball and Peter, are also about two weeks apart.  My cousin is one week younger than me and it has been so fun to have his family living back in Utah as we "older cousins" do this parenting thing again.
George and cousin Emi are one day apart.  She has just lost her first tooth, so I suppose George won't be far behind.
My brother Chip with Clark. 
Abe with his beautiful Elinor.
I suppose the day will come when this gathering gets to be too large to handle and it's is no longer feasible.  But I don't want to think about that.  I just want to think about how much I enjoy it.
Such a nice picture of Greta, Abe, Allison, and Caroline.
I suppose the excitement of the gathering for the kids isn't all about reuniting with family.  My Aunt Jennifer and Uncle RayPaul, who are our gracious hosts, have a really kid friendly, fun house.

1 comment:

oakley said...

Thank you for summing up my feelings as well. We are so blessed to be Cannons and benefit from the goodness of our ancestors. Thank you to the generous Greenwood family for their hospitality and Christmas cheer! We love you all❤️️