Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Happy 14th Birthday, Elinor!

Oh, YES! Have I mentioned how much I adore this girl?  How she has a style all her own?  How genuine and authentic she is?  She is good and kind and generous.  She is so helpful with her younger siblings and can be counted on to be where she is supposed to be, doing what she is supposed to be doing.  She is kind of a glue that holds us together and if for some reason she isn't at home, there is a big hole in her absence.  She is smart and talented and plays a mean piano!  She is a voracious reader and for her birthday she ordered 12 new books from Amazon-- they'll be arriving tomorrow, so if you need her, she'll be curled up on the couch reading for the next two weeks-- if even that long.
She and Bethany and good friend Corrine went on a shopping outing as part of her birthday celebration.  I adore Corrine and want her to come live at our house-- except that we really don't have a place fore her to live.
They did not come away empty handed.  It is best that I wasn't involved in the expedition.  I tend to encourage people to come away empty handed.  I believe that makes me a kill-joy.
I do think they made excellent choices-- better than if I'd been with them.  I lack vision, but when shopping I am often found crushing the vision of others.  Also, I loathe spending money.
I believe that makes me a tight-wadded kill-joy.
I may be a vision-lacking, tight-wadded, kill-joy, but I know when I am blessed!  And I am beyond blessed to have these girls for my daughters.  My cup runneth over.
I hate that I am showing my dirty kitchen, but such is life.  We had a delightfully enjoyable family time together on Sunday celebrating the joy that is Elinor.
Happiest of birthdays, my dear Elinor!
(Some of her many books)

No comments: