Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Miraculous Pictures

We recently had our family pictures taken down at Thanksgiving Point and I was so, so pleased with how they turned out.  I wanted tulips in the pictures! Last year I was very concerned about being able to fully experience this last year of having all of our children at home.  With a new baby, an intense toddler, college and mission to help prepare for, and several kids in between, I knew we'd be busy and I knew Abe and I would be suffering from a lack of sleep and general exhaustion.  I just really wanted to remember the feeling of our family at this time and soak it all in.
Of course there have been challenges, but overall I feel my prayers have been answered and I have been able to enjoy and treasure this year as a family.  These pictures capture very well my feelings about this year.
There are always dirty dishes in the sink.  There is always laundry to wash, fold, and put away.  There are always books littering the family room floor.  Lego sprawl is a real thing.  The teenagers will not go to bed until midnight!  The little ones will not sleep past seven.  They argue over who gets the funnies at the breakfast table.
If you'd have told me when we were first starting out that we would have this many children, and that I would enjoy it as much as I do, I don't think I would have believed it.
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH, I ALMOST CAN'T STAND IT!
Greta at 9 1/2 months.  Perfection.  Snuggly and sweet and everything I ever hoped for in a baby.
Intensity, thy name is Peter.
And we love and adore you.
And we're a little bit afraid of you.
But we love you to pieces.
There is a mischievous little twinkle in his eyes, but he's a tender heart.  He's quite the little looker...that is to say, he is always looking for new things to collect!
Probably the last pictures of George before the teeth start falling out.  He is 6 years old.
Was someone saying something about mischievous?
Oh, my heart.  I really can't take it.  This boy is quick as a whip, with a heart of gold.
Cannon turns 9 later this month.
She is a gem!  A hardworking, determined, friendly little gem!
Faith recently turned 11 years old.  Say it isn't so.
At 14 years old, Elinor stands about 5'10" and she is seriously coming into her own.
Smart, clever, kind, and a sense of humor that keeps me laughing.
Bethany is 16 and good and faithful, playful and organized.  She is disciplined and self-motivated.
And she does not love her picture.  But I do.  And it's my blog.  So there.
I can't say too much here or I'll start to cry.  He is finally his own man, just like he's always wanted to be.  Adulthood will suit him better than childhood.  I hope a grand life adventure awaits him.
He turns 18 in July.  My goodness that went fast.
So handsome.  He is aging so well.  Some of my little darlings have noted that I look older than dad.  Charming, charming children that they are.
Abe recently announced, "It's a miracle!  I'm turning into Mitt Romney!"
He was referring to the dignified graying of his sideburns and sides of his hair.
Lucky.
If you have blonde hair do not ever complain to me about your hair going gray.  
Abe is delighted with his graying pattern.  I AM NOT.  Going gray is a rough road if you have black hair.  I know it's not much yet, but must it be right on the top of my head?
A little closer view.  I know, I know, nobody cares but me.  And once again, I guess I don't actually care that much about it.
I love almost all these pictures.  I admit the pose in this one looks like a bad high school dance picture.  Oh well, we can't be fabulous all the time.
Please excuse me while I go get a box of tissues.
Sniff, sniff.
My womenfolk.  "... Somewhere in my youth or childhood... I must have done something good."
One more because it makes me happy.
...Something very, very good.
Fox Family, May 2017

No comments: