Monday, August 7, 2017

And... it's August

George played in a summer soccer league.  He really enjoyed it and had a really encouraging, positive coach.  Come to think of it, all of our kids' soccer coaches over the years have been great.  It's not like I would have any right to complain even if they weren't.  I continue to sign kids of up for soccer knowing full-well I have absolutely no intention of Abe or I volunteering to do anything to help out at all.  Shameful.  Oh, sure, I sign up for my turn to bring snacks for one game, but that's about it.   I keep saying, it's not my season... but let's be honest.  I will probably never assist in any sort of athletic coaching capacity.
And I wonder why my children don't excel at soccer.
Nevertheless, George likes it and I like watching him guard the goal, somewhat unsuccessfully.  It's all good.
The annual Primary Pioneer parade in our neighborhood.  Good times.  Good times.
The wind in Greta's hair and the blurred street make it appear that I'm really cruising pushing my stroller.  It is an illusion.  I was moving at a very leisurely pace.
This is likely Faith's last Primary parade.  Several of her friends have already turned 12 so I think it's going to be a long few months waiting to go to Young Women's with them.
That seems healthy to be ready to move on.  But it does make me happy when Elinor says how much she loved Primary and sometimes wishes she could go back.
George is in the red shirt riding his bike.  Riding his bike is probably his favorite thing in the whole world!
I really enjoyed our travels this summer, but I am so very content to be home.  I have a couple of week to really get organized and ready for school to start.  A couple more trips to the swimming pool and I think we'll be more than ready to hit the books and get back to a lovely routine.

No comments: