Tuesday, August 1, 2017

While I Was Away...

While I was gone, my family survived.  Heck, they did more than survive--- they partied!  
Truth:  They lived on Eggo waffles and microwave popcorn.  They consumed 44 bags of microwave popcorn in under week.  That's an average of 8 bags of popcorn a day.  Which is really only one bag of popcorn per person, but still.  That's a lot of popcorn.  Is popcorn lung still a thing?
They also watched four seasons of Phineas and Ferb.  So, yeah, they made pretty good choices in my absence.
Abe sent me pictures like this while I was away.  I think he thought he was doing a nice thing.  But pictures like this were hard to see when I was away from my little Greta.
I was happy to hear that she was just fine while I was gone and a HUGE shout out to Faith who really took the reigns of taking care of Greta when Abe was working.
George's team won a soccer game, which is not terribly important, but it's more fun to win than to lose.  
Our family was spread far and wide that week.  I was gone to New York, Bethany and Elinor were gone to girls camp and Abe and Clark were the adult leaders at Cub Country Day Camp for Cannon and Co.  It was a busy week!
Love, love, love!
I wasn't surprised to hear how much Cannon loved Cub Country.  
Oh, the dirt!  Filthy boys are happy boys, I suppose.  
Nice to see that they took a break from Phineas and Ferb for some fresh air.
Clark riding the zip line at our cool new park.  He took the week off of work to help out at home, for which I was very grateful.  Even if he was the one who approved and encouraged the Phineas and Ferb marathon.  Whatever.
The before picture as the girls headed off to camp.
The after picture; Home safe and sound.  Elinor got pretty sick with a sinus infection up at camp, but a little rest and relaxation at home and she quickly recovered.  I heard such nice things from Young Women's leaders about both of these girls that I felt very pleased and proud of them.  They are good girls and we enjoy them immensely. 
A little drive up a canyon.  
I arrived home on Saturday afternoon.  Sunday evening we enjoyed a family dinner over at my sister's house and then Monday morning we took off for Spokane.
It was wonderful to be with my three siblings.  I wish we could all be together more often, but I'll take it when I can get it.  Life certainly has it's challenges, but it is a blessing to have family who will love you through whatever comes your way.  
It does my heart good to see fun cousins playing together.  
Greta and Jules back together again!

No comments: