Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 17, 2017

Greta was so tired at church today.  Some babies frequently fall asleep wherever they are, whenever they're tired.  My babies are not those kind.  This was very unusual for Greta!  But so, so cute!
I am paralyzingly afraid of spiders.  Is this fear genetic?  Does that explain why most of my children are also ridiculously afraid of spiders?  Or have I just taught them by my bad spider behavior?  I don't know, but the fear is real and when there is a spider sighting in the house, I freeze up.  This week one of the girls sighted a rather large spider on the kitchen wall near the ceiling.  We all uselessly gasped in fear and backed away.  George, MY HERO, came down the stairs and announced, "I'll get it."
Sure enough, he climbed right up on the counter and saved the day!  Can you say, "Favorite Child!"
  I may have mentioned it before, but this kinetic sand is worth it's weight in gold to me.  People still regularly plays with it.  It makes a mess, but I couldn't care less.  In this picture he was making pancakes and bacon with the kinetic sand.
 Bethany is getting ready for seating auditions this week and that means major practice time.  She's like a madwoman on her violin this week.  I'm quite proud of her and I feel quite sorry for her at the same time.  I have no doubt she will do well and I do love hearing her play so much.
While reading stories to Peter the other night, he saw this page and said, "Me play piano."
Something about these dinosaur bones must have made him think of piano keys or notes.
He played a very lovely song, following his music closely.  It did do my piano mama heart good.  And it gave me hope.  I've had some concerns of what music lessons might look like for this kiddo.  It's comforting that he may have some natural interest.  That should make it less painful for everyone involved.
The lion sleeps tonight.

No comments: