Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Team Little Kids

There is a very large spirit inside this very little body.  Peter is so intensely invested in everything he does.  Lately he has been quite snuggly and loving-- frequently asking me to hold him.   He loves to have me read stories to him and when George does his reading aloud, Peter likes to repeat the words George says.  His favorite toys to play with are Tinker Toys.  This evening I spent about thirty minutes at a park with Peter and Greta and Peter delighted in swinging so high and braving the slides on his own.  He was happy.  I admit that seeing Peter happy gives me such satisfaction and joy because so often he has felt otherwise.  I treasure the times with him when he is smiling and peaceful and clearly and calmly communicating with us.  Similar to how Clark was as a little person, so much energy goes into the relationship, that it is extremely rewarding and gratifying when there is connection.
We enjoy his funny sense of humor as well.
Greta is almost 14 months and she has two bottom teeth and two top teeth.  She eats well, she sleeps well, she loves to climb stairs.  Clark is still her very favorite person in the whole world.  She loves to wave at family members and she is a sheer joy every single moment of the day!  I do not exaggerate.  I had forgotten how easily enjoyable a baby could be.  I thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending her to our family.  She heals me.
Besides the horrible air quality from all the wild fires burning around the West, it was a real treat to spend just a little while playing at the park with my two favorite little people.
George is a muscle man!  He's holding a styrofoam, prop boulder at play rehearsal this evening.  Abe, Clark, Bethany, Faith, and George are in the Bluffdale Arts production of A Tale of Two Cities Oct. 12-14.  Poor George is the little boy who gets run over by a carriage and dies.  Abe plays his father.  Normally I love watching my people perform, but I watched them practice their parts at home and it was too sad for me to enjoy.
The Cat.  I don't even know what position she is in here.
 When Peter requests a selfie, we take a selfie.  Or when he requests chips and salsa, we give him chips and salsa.  Or when he requests new toys to play with when he goes poopy on the potty, we give him new toys.  I am almost ready to declare him potty trained-- three days with no accidents is some kind of miracle and it's been rather hard earned-- and messy.
We're considering a Lord of the Rings theme for Halloween.  You know how much I love fantasy fiction.   Not really.
We've been talking about who would be who.  Abe is an obvious Gandalf type.  Cannon was born to be Frodo (at least he has the hair for it).  Greta will wear gold and be the ring.  And Peter?  Peter will be Gollum.  We've already trained him to crouch down and whisper, "My Precious!"  It's awesome.  And considering how he hoards and obsesses over coins he find around the house, it is somewhat accurate.

No comments: