Friday, October 20, 2017

Congrats, Swimmer Girl!

We are so, so proud of Elinor!  She did a week of tryouts and made the high school swim team-- and no, not everyone made it.  Our high school (which we do not actually attend) is a 6A division.  Which basically means, IT'S HUGE!  
This girl is practicing in the pool everyday after school and has dry land practice every other morning at 6 AM.  And she wants to keep swimming with her rec. league team just for more time and practice in the pool.  
She decided to drop some other activities she has done in years past to just focus on swimming and school work.  She is happy and we're so happy for her.
This was a recent "recess" at our school.  Dang, little boys are fun.  
Except when they're not... and that little one with the green light saber is taking a nap this afternoon because life wasn't fun for either of us.  The force is strong with that one and it was more than I could take this afternoon. 
Oh, my heart.  I think we're down to about a 70 day countdown until he leaves.  I bet you can guess what moment I am dreading the most---- the farewell moment between these two.
Did I mention that he is now not going to the Mexico MTC, but rather the Provo, Utah one and his date got moved up a day.  Now he will leave on Dec. 28th.
We got to be friends with the Taylor's when Clark was 10 months old.  We recently had dinner with them and it did my heart good.  Rebecca is a really, really good cook, and kids know that if we're eating at the Taylor's, we're eating good.  They try to be sensitive in what they say to me in anticipation of the amazing meal they know they are about to have.  I see right through it, but I appreciate their consideration.
I recently got the box out of the garage that had the few baby girl clothing items I had saved from when the girls were babies.  Mostly I just saved the cute dresses I couldn't bear to part with.  And I'm so glad I did, because Greta now has adorable little dresses!  
Abe still takes pictures of her at church while roaming the halls.  She is at the age when she isn't old enough for nursery, but sitting in class with her is a joke.
I wonder what it would be like to be the youngest in a large family and have everyone adore you and be so happy to see you and interact with you your every waking moment.  She seems to enjoy it.
Greta is a delightful mix of sweet and sassy.  She is so snuggly, but lashes out in rage when thwarted.  She is very happy by nature, but has the absolute saddest, pouty face when anyone tells her no, even in a really nice voice.  She get scared by loud, roaring animal noises.  She likes to smile for cameras and even tries to take selfies of herself.  
She is now past 15 months and while she can stand for a few seconds, will not attempt walking on her own yet.  
We had our Kid's Book Club earlier this month.  The book was Wonder and we had lovely time.  We drew animal-self portraits, had a messy cracker eating contest, and played "The Cheese" tag and "Plague" tag.  Fun kids, fun games.  
The other table.  It was interesting to see what animals each of them saw themselves as.  Faith was a Wombat.  

No comments: