Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017 Photo Album

Halloween 2017!  There is no family theme and I don't feel even a tiny bit bad about it.  I love what the kids came up with.  I enjoy it other years when we do something all together as well, but this years was low-key and great fun.
I'm daunted at the thought of commentary on all these pictures, so, I'll just throw them up here and enjoy looking back at fun memories.

I adored Cannon as a Hobbit-- Frodo Baggins.  Cannon wore this costume to dance last week and some of the girls called him "The Hip-Hop Hobbit" and that just cracked me up.
George the mad-scientist.

Faith borrowed her Hermoine costume from the Schramms.  Many thanks!
Elinor went trick-or-treat with Sierra.  She is a gal in our ward with special needs who Elinor has really enjoyed since she was very young.  Elinor said it was one of her best Halloweens to get to go with Sierra.


I teased Beth Miles about wearing some spider earrings to Primary and she gave me this lovely spider ornament to wear as a necklace!  NEVER!

At a Halloween party at my cousin's house and my cousin Jason showed up as Gandalf to Cannon's Frodo!
Abe was sporting Clark's homemade Karate Kid shower costume.  Bethany made her jelly fish costume as well.
Peter's trick-or-treating was somewhat short-lived because he was... shall we say... not polite.  He would say trick-or-treat and thank you, but the problem was people would put treats in his pumpkin and he would take them out, hand them back and say, "Me not like that kind!"
Heaven help us.
The sign was Bethany's addition to Greta's costume.
He would have liked to worn his green froggy costume, but alas, it was too small.  He settled for the fire fighter costume, but his heart wasn't really in it.
D&D  on Halloween is ever so slightly more socially acceptable on Halloween than on other days of the year, so for one night, and one night only, it moved upstairs from the seclusion of the basement.
And finally, inspired by a photograph taken of Abe's family around 1984...
Abe is in the fetching plaid jacket on the right.
May I just say, I know the pain of outfitting a large family for a family photograph.  To find that many suit jackets and blazers that are the right sizes for that many little boys... my hat is off to my wonderful mother-in-law.
We used up a lot of parental capital in getting our teens to go along with this picture.  After the  Fox sweatshirt costumes last year, I was surprised there wasn't more outright refusal.   Truthfully, I though about mutiny myself, but it meant a lot to Abe and now that it's done, I admit, I like them.

The teens threw themselves a Halloween party.


Those are good odds for that lucky young man!