Thursday, November 30, 2017

Last of November

It is a very lovely thing to have a live-in piano duet partner!  We are coming up on our Christmas piano recital and when the kids get tired of practicing their recital songs, Cannon and Faith like to play Christmas duets together and my mommy heart sings!
We've had some sickies at our house this week-- just colds and coughs and such.  I loved coming upon this scene this morning-- a sick Bethany snuggling a sick Greta-- who was wrapped in clean underwear she found in the clean laundry pile.
Did I mention it was clean underwear?  I would not let a child wrap themselves in dirty underwear.  I'd just like everyone to know that I have my standards.
When E. came over for his piano lesson yesterday, Greta greeted him with an actual, audible, understandable "Hi!".  He is one of her favorite people in the world.  And then she wouldn't leave him alone during his lesson.
I'm sorry this picture isn't clearer, because this image so clearly captures George.  He's wearing an ice cream bucket he has fashioned into an astronaut helmet and made himself a jet pack our of the 2-liter root beer bottles left over from family dinner on Sunday night.  Oh, the creative juices flow strongly through this one.
I took this picture of Greta because the image of her crazy hair and her holding a knife seemed to fit the mood she was in earlier this week.  Just feisty and full of baby "tude"!  Don't worry, she was in no danger.  There are ZERO sharp knives in this house.  And ZERO sharp pairs of scissors, for that matter.  She was in far more danger standing on that chair.  Many times throughout the day we took her down from standing on chairs, but she just kept climbing and ending up falling off chairs 4 times throughout the course of the day.  
Here's another good one of her crazy hair.  And speaking of hair... Cannon's is getting quite unruly.  He is supposed to have long hair for his Nutcracker performances.  It's driving me a little nuts, but he says is growing on him... ha, ha, get it?

Tid Bits of Life:
-- The kids and I just finished reading the 6th Harry Potter book.  
-- George had a dance performance at Festival of Trees and he was handsome and adorable.
--I've had a cold/cough for over two weeks.
--Clark is down to less than a month before he leaves.
-- Bethany will be doing two concerts with Marie Osmond next week and I won't be going to either of them.  Blah.
--I am listening to a kid's book on Audible that I find completely charming-- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place.   I am looking forward to driving kids around so I can listen to it.

No comments: