Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Clark's Mission Farewell

And the farewell Sunday was upon us.  Clark gave a powerful talk about gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I'm fairly certain no one could have fallen asleep during his talk!  We think he'll fit right in in Texas!  He did a really nice job and I enjoyed hearing him speak.

This recording wasn't during the meeting-- it was a practice beforehand.
After the meeting, of course we all wanted to visit some more, but we moved ourselves outside to try to get a picture of the group.  Also, to get our loud group outside.
Several people had already headed off to other church meetings, but it was so wonderful to be with so many loved ones.  We are blessed beyond anything I could have hoped for.
Beloved Fox cousins.
Treasured robotics team friendships.
D&D friends.  Clark did a little photo-shopping and added those who didn't make it into the original picture.
Ha, ha ha!  Not too shabby!  
Here is some of the gang at their last D&D gathering this past Saturday night.
May I just say how much I will miss the sounds of raucous laughter and yelling coming from my basement almost every weekend for the past eight (plus) years.  These boys have been an absolute joy in our home!  I will miss them so much.  
Grandma and Grandpa Cannon (right side) and Uncle Lane and Aunt Diane.  I thought it was a beautiful thing to have them both there because Uncle Lane (my mom's brother) was mission companions with my dad in Germany.  That connection is how my parents met.  What life changing connections will Clark make on his mission?
Here's to hoping he is a good letter writer!

No comments: