Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 11, 2018

During the Olympics I am always caught up on folding laundry and blogging.  Two things I can easily do while watching Olympics.  In fact, in my "maturity", I have a very hard time just doing one thing at a time.  I prefer to be a little more productive and killing two birds with one stone.  Which may very well say something about my mental health and not living in the moment and blah, blah, blah.  But whatever.

On Saturday we celebrated Abe's sister Marjorie's birthday with an early lunch down on Provo.  Here are the five Utah siblings.  You may have noticed Abe is growing out a beard.  He will be "Dan", one of the brothers in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat in April and the director would like them to have facial hair.  Also, for work he is not face-to-face any longer, where it was preferrable for him to be clean shaven.  And, although I have been staunchly opposed to facial hair in the past, I admit, I think he looks great and I like it.
And with spouses.  We really do have a great time together... even if I did have to get into a heated "discussion" with Daniel about which was better... The Greatest Showman or La La Land.   And for the record, I adore them both and could no sooner choose one over the other than one of my children over another.  He disagreed.  It was all in good fun, though.
Oh yes, I did take a selfie of myself!  Guess what?  I've started running jogging shuffling down the street with purpose again.  It feels great and I suppose it's good therapy for dealing with Clark being gone and watching children grow up.  I decided the answer was probably to focus a little more on something I enjoy and want to do and a little less on things I have no control over.  No races on the horizon yet, but if I know me, that's probably coming.
The last two helicopter babies!
While the family seriously vegged out on Olympics today, Team Middle Kids made Beanie Boo Bob Sleds.
 We discovered Peter had packed himself a snack to take to church today... a used Tic Tac container filled with sugar.  It didn't even occur to us to take it away from him.
 I applaud the resourcefulness of the three year-old in a family of 10.  He has learned to take care of business himself and that forgiveness comes easier than permission.
I enjoyed and I still enjoy my little ones, but teenagers are the best.  The excitement for life, the energy, the humor, the talking and relationships.  I am thoroughly enjoying them and I am definitely missing those things with Clark these days.  Although, he does write great letters and I can still hear his enthusiasm for life.  The girls went with a group of friends to Airborne (a trampoline place) last night and had great fun.  They are both pretty sore today, but they said it was worth it.  

No comments: