Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Olympics Are Almost Here!

Team Middle Kids and I went to go see The Greatest Showman on Tuesday.  Constantly listening to the sound track at home isn't enough.  I prefer the dollar theater (which isn't actually a dollar anymore), but I love this movie so much that it was worth $5.00 Tuesday.
On Saturday we had lots of people going lots of different directions so it ended up being Cannon and I and my sister and her daughter Takara going up to the University of Utah gymnastics meet.  We had a grand time.  It was especially fun to see a gymnast get a perfect 10 on the vault.
The obligatory bad selfie on Trax.
Can you tell I really like pink and white polka dots?  In very exciting news, Greta is scheduled to get tubes put in her ears on February 16th.  It's not that I want her to get tubes... well, actually I DO want her to get tubes because then her ears won't hurt and she will be able to hear and learn to speak. 
Faith has been practicing this straddle handstand for her gymnastics recital.
The nice weather has the neighborhood kids out playing in droves.  It's been quite lovely.  Ironically, the kids with the FOX sweatshirt is not one of the Foxes.
I am so glad I have sons, but I admit there are things I do not understand about how boys operate.  This evening Cannon came upstairs with a cut under his eye.  He said he was letting Peter punch him and this happened.  Why was he letting Peter punch him?
I had myself a big ol' cry this evening.  There were two main reasons. 
1.  We are expecting a phone call from Clark tomorrow morning while he is at the airport ready to fly to Dallas, Texas.  I am happy to talk to him, but also a bit nervous about bringing up all the emotions of saying goodbye again. 

2.  We were engaged in a family project this evening-- getting ready for the Olympics!  We love the Olympics and we like to decorate and get ready for our Olympics parties!  And as we worked on the different parts of the project both Abe and I said how much we missed Clark and how this was exactly the kind of thing Clark loved to do.  He not only had great ideas, but he was a work horse and stuck with projects and made things happen.  And gosh darn it!  We missed his enthusiasm.  So many of our great birthday parties over the years were because of his efforts. 
A sneek preview of our decorations!

No comments: