Thursday, February 8, 2018

Welcome to Texas... er... Oklahoma

Monday  morning we got up early and anxiously awaited a phone call from our missionary from the Salt Lake airport.  Missionaries are encouraged to call home on Christmas and Mothers Day and that's it.  Except for the call home from the airport just before they fly to their assigned mission area. I was a little worried it would be difficult to say goodbye all over again, but my worries were completely unfounded--- It was wonderful to talk to him!  
One thing that was so interesting is how much he sounded like my brother Matt.  If we hadn't known it was going to be Clark calling at that time, both Abe and I would have sworn it was Matt.  So cool how family traits get passed through families.  He sounded happy and excited to get to Dallas and meet his mission president.
This picture doesn't look so good with me putting my hand over Peter's mouth, but in my defense, he has been so loud lately.  And we needed him to be quiet so we could understand Clark on the speaker phone.
Here he is with his mission president and mission mom!  Don't they all look great??!!! I'm so excited for him!!  But in his first assignment he has been sent about as far from the mission home as possible.  He is in a small town in far southeast Oklahoma called Idabel.  I get the feeling he is out  in the sticks and I think he will LOVE it.  Before he left he said he wanted some time out in the country, not just the city.  Well, Clark, I think you got your wish.  How soon before we get a picture of him with a creature he has caught?  Pray that it won't be a venemous one!
 Clark with his greenie group.  
 With his trainer, Elder Frampton.
When you're inadvertently twinning with your neighborhood friend.
When you're whole family is completely obsessed with The Greatest Showman.
When you're the littlest brother and will not be left out of The Greatest Showman action.
I drove Bethany to her violin lesson up at the U this week and we had ourselves a Mama Mia sing off on the way home.  After a failed attempt to video ourselves we settled for a selfie.  Bethany and I have spent a LOT of time talking lately as she navigates new life experiences.  She is a joy and I just try not to think about how close she is to growing up and leaving the nest. 
 Thankfully, this little one isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I love her eyes and her lips and I love the dried boogies and peanut butter smudge on her mouth.  She is one of my greatest blessings.
And sometimes she looks like this and I still love her!  Best bad hair day ever.
It's all good.  Really good.

No comments: